Life After Infertility...it never goes away! I'm here help, to heal, to honor.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Fairy Tale Ending




After a hadndful of my closest family and friends read Turtle Hope, I  received alot of pressure to change the ending. Everyone that read the book 'hated' the end. They knew all of my dreams had come true and could not understand why I wouldn't want to share that with the world.

This prompted me to write chapter eighteen: The Fairytale Ending. Writing an alternate went against my intuition and seemed forced, but I did it anyway.  With my stomach in knots, on the day the book was going to press, I told my publisher to delete the final chapter. It became clear to me that I needed to end the story with a sense of the unknown. While coping with “waiting for my turn” I really grew frustrated by other’s success stories. I wanted the reader to walk away with their own lessons of hope. 
I was eight months pregnant with my second daughter, Sienna Faith, and feeling completely blissful. However, all of that bliss could not erase the pain that infertility had caused. I felt guilty for finally having my dream and knew this book was my way of giving back to those still trying. The feelings of uncertainty you are left with at the end of Turtle Hope is the feeling you have when you are living with infertility.


Chapter Eighteen
For those of you that must have the fairytale ending, I welcome you to read on. I hesitate to continue. The basis of this writing is to share other ways to celebrate motherhood for those unable to bear children. However, I am pleased to share that the love of my life was born July 17, 2008. She is a beautiful baby girl named Isabelle Hope. I have lost all of my baby weight (plus ten pounds), and Tony and I are in marital counseling. Okay, so I lied about the weight. You wanted the fairytale, right?
Step #5 to infertility: Never give up on Turtle Hope (Please refer to step #4). I am here to tell you Isabelle is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to my life. There is nothing better. The struggles of life still fall around me. She has not fixed my marriage, my body image issues, or other choices in life gone awry. However, she has changed me in ways too numerous to mention, which officially makes me "one of them." I’m enjoying every blessing that parenthood brings, and I sincerely hope this book brings you everything you have ever dreamed or hoped!
Many Blessings, JPW




· · Share · Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment