Life After Infertility...it never goes away! I'm here help, to heal, to honor.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Poetry

I have not fully committed to this blog, as evidenced by, my archives. Facebook seems to be my one-stop-shopping as of now although I am beginning to reach out to other bloggers. I am learning everyday. It seems blogging has it's own flow that I haven't quite figured out yet. The biggest difference is that bloggers don't seem to repsond to feedback in the same post. They wait a week and maybe, if you are lucky, they will respond in that post. The importance of this blog to me is that my story continues.
I have 2 new poems to share. The first is titled, "We Danced" and was written in honor of Sienna Faith. My pregnancy and labor was truly magical!

We Danced

When I learned you were a pea
In the depths of my womb

I danced

When the ultrasound showed your
Tiny heart bloom

I danced

On the day you were born
My hips joyfully swayed

Releasing my pelvis
Your head found its way

With focus
With breath

I let my body do the work
Each surge brought you closer

To birth
To breast

Together we were a duo
Singing in concert

And when we finally met
I held your tiny hand in mine and

We Danced!

The second poem continues with an obstetric theme.


In My Grandmother's Womb

Twas my Grandmother's womb where my Mother was made.
Each divine cell; with beauty and grace
She entered this world packed with childbearing eggs.
Released decades later; as menstruation begs
My roots run deeper than first I presume.
I was born from my Mother, but began
in my Grandmother's womb

No comments:

Post a Comment